Based in Oxford, United Kingdom
Press / Business contact:
+44 7454 160526
Studio Genkan is a British independent game studio working on their first title, Perpetual Night.
January 2015 saw the first meeting for Perpetual Night in an Oxford pub. Since then the team has grown in size and skill, and enjoyed showing early builds of the game at various game shows across the UK, most notably Insomnia and EGX Rezzed.Artistic Experimentation and Collaboration
The team has a particular interest in experimentation in video games, and are employing open-ended design methodologies and blurring the lines between ‘games as art’ and ‘art as games’. The results of this can be seen in Perpetual Night’s unusual world structure and the Artist Residency Programme. They are also dedicated to forming strong links with their community, with several competitions planned for the audience to get involved in designing various elements of the game.
Craig Green's Interview with News2Gamers (Starts at 11m05s) YouTube
There are far more images available for Studio Genkan, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Exhibitor at Apps World's Indie Gaming Village" - London, November 2015
- "Exhibitor at Insomnia 56's Indie Zone" - Birmingham, December 2015
- "Exhibitor at Insomnia 57's Indie Zone" - Birmingham, March 2016
- "Exhibitor at The Norwich Gaming Festival" - Norwich, March 2016
- "Exhibitor at Technology World Part 2" - London, April 2016
- "Exhibitor at EGX Rezzed" - London, April 2016
- "Exhibitor at Insomnia 58's Indie Zone" - Birmingham, August 2016
- "Exhibitor at Insomnia 59's Indie Zone" - Birmingham, December 2016
- "These guys are building an absolutely fantastic game."
- Simon Hill, Host, News2Gamers YouTube
- "Escape from an evil, sentient, trans-dimensional prison-castle. That's ****ing crazy. Looking forward to Perpetual Night."
- @RealmsyPoo, Twitter
- "Our favourite game [at Apps World] was Perpetual Night."
- Taaime Studios, TaaimeWorld
Blog: Design Methodologies of Perpetual Night
Director Craig talks about his creative processes in designing the worlds and characters of PN! Read on at perpetualnight.com.
Blog: Art Direction of Perpetual Night
Artist Laurie talks about finding the art style for PN, as well as the pipeline from idea to in-game. Read on at perpetualnight.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Mohammed "Jack" Jakamy